Sunday, December 9, 2012

6 Sentences of Unrequited Christmas Longing

In addition to the carols and decorations and cookies, there's another tradition - the Christmas romance. And this is my first year participating! I'm excited to share my holiday novella, Ask Her At Christmas, with the world. Especially because it's part of an anthology with stories by Jaci Burton and Helen Kay Dimon. Here's a sneak peak. I don't think I'm disclosing to much if I let you know that these two end up together (after all, it is Christmas - you need a happy ending)!


Kyle was yummy from head to toe, and Caitlin had wanted him almost her entire life.
 
Of course, he didn’t know about her massive crush. She’d never hinted, never let her hands linger for an extra second on his abs when they shared sunscreen at the tiny strip of sand along Lake Michigan they called a beach. She’d never leaned over after splitting a bottle of wine and trailed a finger across the lips she would kill to have touch hers. No, Caitlin played the part of the best-friend-and-nothing-more-than-a-friend to the hilt. Because it would absolutely devastate her if she revealed her longing and he didn’t feel the same way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh God, I feel for her already! Adding this to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little excerpt. I've GOT to read!

    ReplyDelete